1. Carefully analyze this case. When you examine the paper and the appendix, what information appears to have been gained from this study? That is, what kind of argument can be made for the benefits of the study?
2. What do you believe were the motives for the people to become involved in the study, specifically: The subject? The PHS personnel? The Tuskegee staff? The Macon County physicians? Nurse Rivers?
3. What kind of criticisms can you offer of this study?
4. What were the factors underlying the cessation of the project?
5. Could this prohect (or one similar to it involving AIDS or radiation effects) be conducted today?
here is the link to the case study for all information