Case Study Analysis
Students will deliver a critical analysis focus on the core concept of the organization change, how it works, diverse factors which moves organization to change, steps for change, resistance for change, change forces, change management approaches for this specific case study of General Motor (GM).
General Motor established in 1908. That time the company was the sole carmaker dealer in the region, e.g. Michigan, first it was a holding Buick company, till 1920 it was becoming the world largest motor manufacturing company. However, General Motor is a fallen giant. Glory of the past from being a great market leader to bankrupt company General motors has come a long way. In 1980s GM was the top car manufacturer in the USA until the arrival of the Japanese cars. The Japanese sold cheap and better cars. GM failed to realize the change in the industry and technology and constantly lost market share to the Japanese companies.
To develop in detail the change strategic plan for G.M describing the appropriate actions of the company will be performed with the purpose of involvement techniques is to increase the efficiency and the effectiveness of the organization.
Elements to address by your case study analysis and grading distribution:
1. An analysis of the background of change for the G.M. (20%) You need to identify the change in the environment as described in the case study focus on the external and internal conditions.
2. Selecting the appropriate Change Strategy (20%) You must describe the four change strategies and how to select the most appropriate for this case study.
3. Dealing with Costs & Resistances (20%) In the process of change, there will be resistance a cost. The objective of this task is to develop a specific plan how will reduce this level of resistance and what it will be the cost for the change implementation.
4. The role of communication in Times of Change (20%) Every person in the organization must know the objective of the change. Describe the communicating procedure for change through the organization.
5. Change in corporate and business culture (20%) The most challenging thing to do in bringing about change into the organization is to improve the culture of the organization. Describe the actions G.M should address in the culture and create a fresh strategy to succeed in an unattractive industry